Look, here is how they started:
Yeah, and now they look like this:
Sorry Amy : (
Anyway, such beautiful delicious caramelly, white chocolate, toffee goodness absolutely *must* be shared with the world. That’s my plan and I’m sticking to it, lol.
Want to eat them, oh yes you do. –Even if you don’t like blondies, you will be totally deliciousfied. Yes, I just created a new word for the caramelly goodness. Deal with it. ; )
These actually started in an effort to try to recreate the Starbucks toffee bars of old.
• 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1-1/2 sticks), plus more for the preparing the pan
• 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
• 2 large eggs, beaten
• 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for preparing the pan
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
• About 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (I used Godiva, it was on sale), 1/2 cup toffee chips
• 1 bag of individually-wrapped caramels
• 1 can of evaporated milk (you’ll only use about a 1/2 cup though)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
In a small sauce pan melt the butter. Put the light brown sugar in a large bowl, add the butter, and stir to combine. Cool to room temperature. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, mixing just until a smooth batter is formed. Stir all of your yummy delicious chips and pieces into the batter.
Over medium heat, melt the caramels (I used about 20) with the half-cup of evaporated milk. Stir until melted into gooey goodness.
Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Then dump all that gooey caramel on top. That’s right, you heard me. Don’t ask questions, just do it. Trust me. You’ll like it. ; ) Swirl around the yummy-ness and then bake until lightly browned and toothpick inserted in the center come out clean, about 20 minutes.
Cool the blondies in the pan slightly before inverting them onto a cooling rack. Cool completely. Cut into 8 squares and serve.
That’s it folks. Enjoy. Hopefully there will be much more goodness where this came from now that finals are done. That’s right hooray!!!! I’m celebrating all over the place. I get to go play like all the big kids now. :-D