Friday, December 3, 2010

Beautiful Colorado

So, what happened to all of those nifty tutorials I keep promising?  I'll tell you what: they're stuffed in various boxes in a U-Store-It place until we have a permanent residence again.  Sigh.  And right before Christmas too.  But, what's the best part of all of this?  The family and I get to have Christmas where it actually snows (yearly, and regularly, not just as freak snowstorms once a decade), and where the sun shines more days a year than it does in Honolulu, Hawaii (I know, weird, huh? CO is sunnier than Hawaii). 

So, for those of you who were wondering if we were moving, and if so, where we were moving to, you now have the official unofficial answer: we're in Colorado, but don't know where we're going to.  My hubby has a contract job in his old position in CO before we got transferred halfway across the country to WA, but some benefits and a permanent full-time position would be greatly appreciated (and necessary) before we figure out what happens after that.  Ideally, we will be going back to our house in northern Colorado (NOCO for those of you in the know).  I think that's exactly what will happen, but the time line is a little iffy.  For those of you that are the praying sort, some prayers (or happy thoughts) would be awesome. ; )    I know daughter would be ecstatic to be back in her "purple house" by her birthday at the end of next month.  Hubby and I are planning on painting her room purple when we move back in (hush, it's a secret). 

So, now that we're out of the storms in Oregon, Idaho, and Wyoming, and internet access has been fully restored, hopefully some sunshiny-type things will be coming soon.  In the meanwhile, you may just have to settle for some round-ups of my favorite Xmas-y and happy type things.  I know, it's depressing, but true.  My only disappointment (and it's a very *small* disappointment in comparison) is that I won't be able to finish the kiddos their Christmas gifts in time.  But hey, maybe we'll just have our own Thanksgiving and Christmas when we move back in.  My Savior knows that that would be more than enough to be grateful for this next year.  Truth be told, I have a whole laundry list of things to be grateful for right now.  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment